Get it? Because my name is Mal. And I'm inappropriate.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dear Urban Outfitters,

Over the years, I have given you my money and undying gratitude for your propensity to carry shirts that actually meet the top of low-rise jeans. Perhaps this season you are at the mercy of your suppliers, who appear to be punishing you for something. Or perhaps this is some sort of a joke that you are playing on your consumers. I can picture your senior buyer, sitting in a room, snickering at the obviously hideous items the stores would soon be featuring. I guess it is an interesting social experiment: just how ugly do the clothes have to be before people stop buying them? I hope we have reached our limit. Examples follow:


Even Dexie's Midnight Runners would be offended.



Um. What?


Perhaps it's a bad sign when the person getting *paid* to wear the outfit looks apalled.

Ok, Urban. Ha. Good one. Can you fire your (obviously inhumane) buyer now and apologize to anyone who purchased high-waisted shorts? Or maybe you should issue an open apology to the general public, who will have to deal with unprecedented levels of camel-toe all summer because of this stunt.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

But at least they're not selling these.